Thursday, May 23, 2013

A New Day! New Blog!

What a beautiful Day in Guadalupita, NM, USA!

I have decided to start a blog here on blogger as it seems no one is reading the blog i have on my website . . . www.avelisquilts.com. This is my first post.

I will generally be talking about quilting, specials on my website and life in general in the mountains of New Mexico, USA!


Well, here we are just a few days away from Memorial Day, 2013! 

How quickly the year has gone!  We are just barely starting to warm up here in the mountains of New Mexico.  My apple trees are just barely starting to leaf out. Still no significant amount of rain. We have not had more than a mere sprinkle here and there. I wonder if the temperatures will be as high as usual this summer??


I am still working on the string quilt and have made an additional 100 blocks. This type of block is so simple and so quick that I am able to make 10 blocks a day.  Of course, they are small blocks . . . only 4 5/8 inches square, but they make a darling quilt!  I am so anxious to see the whole quilt put together.

I set up my new quilting frame and it is waiting for the string quilt. I still haven't decided if I am going to hand quilt it or just tie it with silk ribbon. I am kind of leaning towards tying it with silk ribbon because it will add a beautiful dimension to the quilt -- all those cute little bows. I also dread hand quilting through all those seams. Each block has at least 5 strips of fabric, so that means 5 seams!

I guess, I will wait until its on the quilt frame to decide!  LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment