Sunday, June 30, 2013

More Blocks! More Blocks!


As you can see above, I am still making blocks for my "Basket Weave" quilt. I have been working diligently for the past 4 days on finishing it.  I found out that it wasn't quite big enough to drape over my double bed. So back to making blocks again!

In the picture above you can see that I have been busy sewing and now comes the trimming down to the size of my foundation paper.  My foundation papers (local telephone book) measure 4 1/2" square. Of course you can make your foundation paper any size you want. But, my leftover scraps seem to best work at 4 1/2".

So once I finish trimming these blocks, I will start adding on to the quilt to make it larger, then I will add the border and finish it.  I am undecided whether to add a wine colored border and keep the quilt for my bedroom.  Or add a lavender border and give it to my daughter since she has been asking for a quilt for a long long time!  I will probably give it to her, LOL!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment