Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Having a Great Time with my Daughter!

My daughter, her husband, her little girl arrived and have been here since last Friday!  YAY!

We went to Santa Fe on Saturday to meet up with the younger daughter and her family.  All total, we were eleven!  We had so much fun!  We went to lunch and then went craft shopping.  The only problem was that my son's truck would not start!!  So, we moved all his stuff to our car and parked the truck in the parking lot.  Left a note that said we would be back to haul it home on Sunday.

When we got home, it was late so we called it a night.  Early Sunday morning, I got up to make breakfast for everyone. Bacon, potatoes, bacon and fresh coffee!  My workers -- my son and my son-in-law -- went to work on the roof of our new storage shed.  They tore off the old roofing paper, took out all the nails and put on new self-stick roofing paper.  The hail storm 2 weeks ago had torn up the roofing paper that we had just laid the week before and we had to replace it.  They worked so quickly that they got half the "Pro-panel" aluminum roofing put on.

At dinner time, we ate the barbecue ribs that my son had prepared in the early morning hours and had cooked all day while I supervised.  We invited the two neighbor ladies and my husband's cousin came by so we asked him to stay for dinner also!  The dinner menu, besides the ribs, had macaroni salad that I made and corn on the cob cooked on the grill. The whole dinner was just great and the ribs were scrumptious!  Early Monday morning, the workers started on the other half of the roof and finished just as the rain started coming down.  As soon as the work was done, my son got his things and left for his 3 hour trip back to Albuquerque and to work that evening!

All in all, it was a pretty successful weekend!

Today, my daughter is horseback riding with my husband's cousin in the mountains. They will be here until Sunday.  Thank goodness she is helping me with the border on the pink baby quilt!  I have to have it ready for Sunday . . .the party is on Sunday! I promise to post pictures of the completely finished baby quilt.

In the meantime. . .keep on quilting!
Aveli

No comments:

Post a Comment