Saturday, December 28, 2013

Oh no! Not again!

I was so excited when I got my replacement bars for my quilt frame. I had to wait until after Christmas but I was happy that I had them.
When we got back from my daughter's house, I started by connecting the replacement bars to the quilt frame and using the metal bars that came with the installation kit. Small problem, they didn't send enough screws for all four plates.
It took me about an hour to locate screws that fit the bracing plates
The plates were on the bars and I started loading the backing, then the batting and finally the quilt top.
Now I started rolling and smoothing, rolling and smoothing.  Almost done!  Just have to load the opposite bar and then tighten the quilt and start quilting.
That's when the new bar cracked! Again!
Now I am stuck with no frame, again!