Friday, January 3, 2014

Finally starting to Quilt!

I finally got my quilt onto the frame. My husband bought some new wood bars from our local lumber yard.

Once we got the quilt rolled onto the bars, I piled up some plastic boxes and one case of soda (LOL it's the only thing that would fit!) in the middle for support.  I didn't want to take any chances of these bars breaking. I had already wasted $30 on buying "new extension kit bars" that broke.

Even though these were a solid piece of wood eight feet long, they were 1 1/2" by 1" thick.

I was holding my breath while we were attaching the rolled quilt to the frame.  Thank goodness it held and didn't crack!  I am a happy quilter again!