Thursday, April 17, 2014

In Love With My Hand Crank

Today it was very cold! I had the wood stove burning all day.

Of course I hibernated today because of the snow and cold. And what is the best way to do that??

With quilting of course!!! So, I decided to sew a cover for my new hand crank sewing machine! It came with the wooden coffin cover but I would have to take the handle off to use that cover. I want the machine set up so I can jump in and sew whenever I feel the urge.

It's the perfect project to test a machine. I am using string paper piecing with scraps. It is not precise so I can practice feeding the fabric with my left hand while cranking with my right hand. They are small pieces so if I make a horrible mistake, I don't have a large piece to rip out and its using up my scraps!

Here is my progress on the cover so far. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment