After a long break I am sewing on my quilts again! Thank Goodness!
It seems that life just keeps throwing obstacles on the way to having a great time sewing.
Well I decided it was time to put the string blocks that I have been working on together. For the past nine months or so, I have been sewing just string blocks, scrappy string blocks that is. They measure 4 1/2 inches square and are a mish mash of all fabrics . . . cotton, polyester, flannel, and some I can't identify. Now I have two plastic bins full of these little blocks.
Yesterday I started sewing them together. First I sewed a whole bin full of two blocks together; which may sound simple but it's not when you are trying to avoid sewing the same fabrics together.
So it took half the day to get the bin sorted so that like fabrics didn't end up together.
After that, I took a much needed lunch break! Then back to sewing. This time I took the "two block" blocks and sewed them into a "four block" configuration. That also took a long time because of the "not matching fabrics" thing.
I decided that it was easier on my eyes and my brain to do it this way instead of rows. Last time I made rows I got the rows mixed up and had to take some rows apart. That's a lot of ripping out stitches and big headache by the time I was through!
This way I only have to watch a couple of blocks at a time. Much easier on the eyes and the brain, LOL!
Will keep you updated on the progress of this "not matching blocks" quilt.
In the mean time . . . keep on quilting!