Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Back to School Time!

Here in New Mexico, it is back to school time. I still can't get used to the idea of kids starting school in August.  In California, when my kids were in school, they started in September.

Either way, it is a signpost for Fall!  Get ready here it comes!

It seems just yesterday that we were celebrating Spring. Now the days seem just a bit shorter and the sun comes up just a bit later.  Before you know it we will be in full swing for the holidays.

The stores have already put up halloween decorations and Christmas decorations are starting to pop up here and there. I am still thinking of summer and "what else can we do this summer?" LOL!  It seems that I never seem to catch up with the seasons. I always seem to still be thinking of the previous season when the next season is creeping up.

This year I want to make some type of  "Christmas Quilt".  But, I am having difficulty starting.  The problem is that I can't make up my mind which "Christmas Quilt" to make. Do I make placemats or a table topper?  Either of these would be great because they are fast and will probably be finished in time for THIS Christmas!  Or, do I do a wall hanging? This would also be great because it would decorate the cabin for Chritstmas .. . I was thinking a wall hanging of a Christmas tree would be good.  That way, I really don't have to put a real tree in the cabin.  My cabin is only 14 feet by 24 feet and has a lot of furniture in it.  But then again, I really want a full sized bed quilt in christmas colors. . . can you see my dilemma?

Any suggestions? What did you do when you wanted a "Christmas Quilt"?

Aveli


No comments:

Post a Comment