Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Family Barbecue

My Sister-in-Law and her husband and her husband's sister are coming over today.  They are visiting from California.  They come every year around this time for the chili and the chicos.

In New Mexico, the green chili crop is harvested around this time and continues through September.  New Mexico green chili is some of the tastiest, hottest chili pepper around . . .so I've heard!  I have never cared for the green variety. I really like the red.

My sister-in-law and my husband were born and raised in New Mexico with all the typical hispanic foods. Green and Red chili is part of that food tradition.  So, every year, they come to buy and dry or freeze green chili pods and take back to California. Usually they take enough for the whole year.

Today, they are coming for 2 reasons, to visit the grave of a brother and to visit us. We are planning to have a barbecue.  Nothing fancy, just hamburgers, hot dogs, macaroni salad, watermelon, ice tea and cokes. Oh, my husband has invited his cousin and wife to also attend and she is bringing a chocolate cake! YUM! YUM!  I invited the two neighbor ladies and they are coming also.

It seems like we will be having a pretty good group. I really enjoy having company here in Guadalupita, especially for a barbecue in the summer!  Even if it means I can't sew today, LOL!

I have been cutting an order for 3 inch fabric circles. So, I haven't done much sewing the past couple of days. Tomorrow I will finish the order and ship it out in the morning mail on Friday.  Saturday we are going to a local benefit dance and dinner and Sunday is the Cleveland Mill Fest, which occurs every Labor Day weekend.  I am not participating this year but we are going to go and check out the other craft vendors.

It seems the next 4 or 5 days are going to be pretty busy.  Hopefully I will be able to get some sewing done!
Maybe if I get up at 4 A.m.!!! LOL!

Meanwhile, everyone keep on quilting!

Aveli

No comments:

Post a Comment